Capable Handling Of Your Construction Dispute In Court
Whether you are filing a lawsuit or have been named as a defendant, construction litigation is highly complex. At Ray M. Toma, PC, we assist clients engaged in a variety of construction-related disputes, including:
- Construction defects and design deficiencies
- Contract disputes
- Structural failures
- Differing site conditions and changed conditions
- Claims for additional compensation for performing extra work
- Delay claims
- Disruption and lost productivity claims
- Inadequate inspection
- Failure to meet performance standards and guarantees
- Late project completion and other scheduling issues
- Terminations for convenience and default
- Work site accidents and safety violations
The key to our record of success and our reputation as effective trial attorneys lies in preparation and perspective. We examine every angle of a case to be prepared for whatever happens in the courtroom. And the industry knowledge that our attorneys possess means we have unique insight into the other side’s goals and strategy.
Mediation And Alternative Dispute Resolution
While our attorneys excel at trial, we understand that many of our clients would prefer to resolve disputes in a less contentious environment. As a certified civil mediator, Ray Toma has helped many individuals and businesses come to agreeable resolutions to construction disputes in mediation and other types of alternative dispute resolution.
Mediation has many benefits:
- It puts the parties in control of their own destiny, rather than giving a judge final say in the outcome of a dispute.
- Mediation is often less expensive than going to trial because it takes less time and fewer attorney hours.
- The mediation and arbitration processes are often less time-consuming than a lengthy trial.
- Mediation is completely voluntary and confidential. Nothing said in mediation can leave the room or be used as evidence in a subsequent arbitration or trial.
Proven Trial Lawyers For Construction Litigation Representation
From our offices in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, we serve clients throughout the surrounding communities, including Oakland County. Please call 248-633-8654 to arrange an initial consultation at no cost.